One of our postgrads commented on the last post (thanks, Martin) with details of an article in PC Pro about “How to get a job at Google, Apple or Microsoft”. It’s an excellent insight into:
- the application process these companies use
- the selection process, including interviews – it even includes some example interview questions and different ways to tackle them
- the difference (and similarities) between the software giants, particularly in terms of company culture
If you’re thinking about applying for the Microsoft PhD Internships (from the last blog post), or for any other major IT companies, I’d strongly recommend:
- reading the article
- turning up dressed smartly (even if casual is the order of the day for employees, you need to get the job first)
- checking your on-line presence – what will they find if they Google you?