Another round-up of some of our current vacancies suitable for postgrads :
- Trainee forecaster for the Met Office – presumably most of our postgrads in the Centre for Atmospheric Science know about these, but they’re also targeting Masters (and presumably will accept PhDs) in Physical Sciences or Maths. Closing date is 25th April with start dates in October and January, based in “Exeter, Aberdeen and UK locations” (just so you get the extremes of the weather that the UK can thow at us?)
- Internships in Corporate and Investment Bank – a range of internships available immediately in the UK (look on the website given in the ad, and search on “internship” – it comes up with several). Asking for a Masters in Finance, Engineering, Business Studies or Economics.
- Teaching Legal English at a French University – unusual one this, looking for a Masters in Law, and ideal for someone who has already experienced a year abroad, along with excellent legal English and a good command of French. It’s a fixed term contract for the academic year, extendable by a year – closing date 21st April.
- PhD in Sustainability of Nuclear Power, University of Manchester – funded by the EPSRC and the ESRC, you need a 2.1 degree or masters in Engineering, Science, Business Management or Social Science. There are also UK citizenship/residency requirements (the usual stuff for Research Council funded PhDs)
- Associate Consultant, International Development Consultancy – working on their Social Policy programmes and based in Oxford. They are looking for a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Economics, Development Studies, Statistics and Public Policy, and an ability to work in at least one other language such as French, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese or Arabic would be an advantage. Closing date 30th April.
- Mechanical Engineer for Schlumberger (technical consultancy to the oil and energy industry) – based in the UK, looking for a minimum of a Masters in Mech Eng, and an aptitude for troubleshooting and failure analysis and mechanical systems assembly and disassembly. Closing date 31st May.
Plus the 520 other full time jobs we’re currently advertising – check out our on-line vacancies (log-in required)